Re: Putting restrictions on pg_dump?

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: Putting restrictions on pg_dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:59:45 -0800, Benjamin Smith <lists@benjamindsmith.com> wrote:
> Good ideas, all. but, what about keeping things like check constraints,
> foreign keys, etc?

how about something like
  pg_dump -s -t customers dbname >customers.def

> Hmmm... maybe, if I dumped the entire DB schema, with no data, and then looped
> thru the tables, creating a temp table (as you describe) with a funky name
> (such as TABLEaBcDeFgH_U) and then pg_dumping that, and then using a regex to
> rename the table in the output... (eg
>
>     /TABLE\s+TABLEaBcDeFgH_U/TABLE customers/
>
> Ugh. I was hoping there was a cleaner way...

Make a script with all the commands in it.  You should be able to
manually make a file that is similar to what pg_dump does.

  pg_dump -s -t customers dbname >customers.def
  echo "copy customers from stdin;" >>customers.def
  psql -d dname -c "create temp table dump as select * from customers
     where id=11; copy dump to stdout;" >>customers.def
  echo "\." >>customers.def

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :