Re: pg_autovacuum log size in postgres v8.0

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum log size in postgres v8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
As Alvaro already mentioned this is fixed in 8.1 because it was
integrated into the backend and benifits from the logging features that
backend already has developed.

As for the 7.4.x & 8.0.x versions of contrib autovacuum, I don't think
there are any plans for improving it.  Also, added it to your logrotate
would probably be a bad idea as it has no code to reopen it's log files
on SIGHUP nor is killing and restarting the autovacuum process a good
idea as contrib/autovacuum loses track of activity when it restarts.

Matt