CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes

От Walter
Тема CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes
Дата
Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes  (<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com>)
Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes  ("Daniel T. Staal" <DStaal@usa.net>)
Список pgsql-novice
I have a problem using the copy command on a CSV file.

All of the values within the CSV are surrounded with quotation marks. So
a null value for a field looks like ""

I am trying to import the file and no matter what I do, it hits a null
date field and says

invalid input syntax for type date : ""

How do I get the copy command to simply enter a null value for the "" it
finds for the date field in the CSV file?

BTW - None of my fields are set as "NOT NULL". They can all accept null
values.

Please help.

Walter
PG Noob