Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes

От
Тема Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Walter <pgsql@thejohnsonplace.com> wrote:

> I have a problem using the copy command on a CSV
> file.
>
> All of the values within the CSV are surrounded with
> quotation marks. So
> a null value for a field looks like ""
>
> I am trying to import the file and no matter what I
> do, it hits a null
> date field and says
>
> invalid input syntax for type date : ""
>
> How do I get the copy command to simply enter a null
> value for the "" it
> finds for the date field in the CSV file?
>
> BTW - None of my fields are set as "NOT NULL". They
> can all accept null
> values.
>
> Please help.
>
> Walter
> PG Noob

Walter, why not import the file into OOo Calc (or a
spreadsheet of your choice) and remove all the "
characters?

you can then export as a CSV and it should work just
fine.

best of luck.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Сообщение: Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes
Сообщение: Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes