Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes

От Daniel T. Staal
Тема Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, December 6, 2005 12:01 pm, Walter said:

> All of the values within the CSV are surrounded with quotation marks. So
> a null value for a field looks like ""
>
> I am trying to import the file and no matter what I do, it hits a null
> date field and says
>
> invalid input syntax for type date : ""

sed 's/,"",/,,/g' filename > filename.new

Should do the trick...

(That is: Replace ever occurance of ,"", with ,, in the file 'filename'
and place the result in 'filename.new'.  If you aren't on a Unix machine,
you may have to find another tool to do the same.)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

Сообщение: Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes
Сообщение: Re: CSV file - Using COPY Command - Double-Quotes