Re: ident authentication with named localhost

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ident authentication with named localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
> Does anyone know how I can test ident?

I'd try sniffing the IP traffic to and from it with a packet sniffer
and/or tracing the daemon's system calls with strace.  Manually invoking
the daemon isn't going to prove a lot, you want to watch its reaction
to Postgres.

I believe some flavors of identd have debug tracing options, too
... check the man page ...