Re: ident authentication with named localhost

От David Link
Тема Re: ident authentication with named localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
>
>> Does anyone know how I can test ident?
>>

> I'd try sniffing the IP traffic to and from it with a packet sniffer
> and/or tracing the daemon's system calls with strace.  Manually invoking
> the daemon isn't going to prove a lot, you want to watch its reaction
> to Postgres.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I'm new to the concept of packet sniffing
and tracing.  Can you suggest where I should go or what I should read to
better understand this?
> I believe some flavors of identd have debug tracing options, too
> ... check the man page ...

Too bad no one else has reported this and already found an answer.
Maybe I should move to md5 authentication, however I wanted to avoid
having to type passwords.

Thanks,

От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Re: GUI Interface
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ident authentication with named localhost