ident authentication with named localhost

От David Link
Тема ident authentication with named localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am having trouble with ident authentication.  Everything is working
fine except when specifying host for connections on the local machine.

pg_hba.conf:

local   all     all                               ident wp
host    all     all     10.97.8.0/24              ident wp

pg_ident.conf:

wp      dlink           dlink
wp      dlink           firstalert
wp      dlink           postgres
wp      dlink           video
wp      postgres        postgres
wp      wwwrun          firstalert
wp      wwwrun          video

If the db is on mach1 and the Unix user is dlink the following works

dlink@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres
dlink@mach2$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h mach1 # from remote machine

While the following does not: (nor with perl DBI)

dlink@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h mach1
dlink@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h localhost
dlink@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h 10.97.8.244
dlink@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1

If I add the following to pg_hba.conf it works of course:

host    all     all     10.97.8.244/32            trust

But this does not:

host    all     all     10.97.8.244/32            ident wp.

If I try as the postgres Unix user then it works:

postgres@mach1$ psql -d mydb -U postgres -h mach1

We are using:
SUSE 9 / Linux 2.6.5-7
Postgresql 8.1
And LDAP.

The problem might be due to how identd works on localhost with LDAP.
The postgres user is found in /etc/passwd, while the dlink user is not.

Incidentally, get this, on a second machine (with same software) what's
described here as not working, works intermittently.  Now it worked.
Now it didn't.  For dlink user.  Weird.

Does anyone know how I can test ident? I can telnet 10.97.8.244 113.
The server port I know is 5432, but what's the client port to give?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
David Link