Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 13:09, Chris Travers wrote:
>
>The problem, as explained to me when I floated this idea, is that the
>CATALOGS are all in lower case, and many references to them are behind
>the case folding mechanism (i.e. they get accessed by their lower case
>names directly by backend software).
>
>So, one would also have to have some way of working around that.

So basically, the problem is that any fix for case folding would touch a
fair bit of code and possibly cause other problems.  However, I haven't
seen anyone worry about performance issues in such a fix, just that it
might be a fair bit of work.

However, if it is not on the TODO list already, it seems that it should
be there as it really is necessary for standards-compliance.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting