Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 13:09, Chris Travers wrote:

> Any chance of adding a configuration option for future versions in order
> to set case folding behavior?  It seems that PostgreSQL has really
> attempted to be as standards-compliant as possible and this is one area
> where improvement could be made without breaking backward compatibility...
>
> We already have configuration options for setting whether NULL = NULL
> returns TRUE or NULL, and a few other legacy options for preventing past
> non-standard behavior from breaking compatibility with current versions.

The problem, as explained to me when I floated this idea, is that the
CATALOGS are all in lower case, and many references to them are behind
the case folding mechanism (i.e. they get accessed by their lower case
names directly by backend software).

So, one would also have to have some way of working around that.