Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave,
Sorry to be so late in responding to this but I may have just the
solution for you.

Please check out Veil at pgfoundry.  This is an add-on to Postgres that
I think does just what you are looking for.  As the developer of this
project, I would be pleased to offer you assistance.

http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/

__
Marc

> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:36:23 +0700
> From: David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com>
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: Setting up a fine-grained permission system
>
> Hi,
>
> Our current project requires a fine-grained permission system
(row-level
> and possibly column-level as well). We have a pretty large (tens of
> thousands) of users in the 'party' table. I'm thinking of choosing
> Unix-style security for now (adding 'ugo' and 'owner' and 'group'
> columns to each table which access need to be regulated), but am
unsure
> about the column-level permission.
>
> Anyone has experiences to share on a similar system/requirement? Do
you
> do Unix-style or ACL? Is there a possibility in the medium/far future
> that Postgres will have such a fine-grained permission system.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Вложения