Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 12:34:10PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>>All we lose is the ability to say USING [arbitrary op]. Does anybody
>>>use this. Would people object to requiring the operator after USING to
>>>be part of an operator class?
>>>

>>Hmmm ... would this prevent the hackish workaround for case-insensitive sort?
>>

>Err, which hackish workaround would that be? The right solution is
>citext which creates it's own operator class. This doesn't have
>anything to do with functional indexes either.

Last time I looked it appeared to have significant limitations, and some
considerable inefficiencies (e.g, copying the strings and folding them
to canonical case on every comparison). I would certainly be extremely
wary of just saying "that's the solution".

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?