Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 04:19:06PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >Err, which hackish workaround would that be? The right solution is
> >citext which creates it's own operator class. This doesn't have
> >anything to do with functional indexes either.
>
> Last time I looked it appeared to have significant limitations, and some
> considerable inefficiencies (e.g, copying the strings and folding them
> to canonical case on every comparison). I would certainly be extremely
> wary of just saying "that's the solution".

Ok, so citext has its limitations. Case-insensetive sort is hard [1].
My real question was, what was the solution he was referring to using
the USING clause?

[1] http://lafstern.org/matt/col2_new.pdf

Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?