Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 12:34:10PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > All we lose is the ability to say USING [arbitrary op]. Does anybody
> > use this. Would people object to requiring the operator after USING to
> > be part of an operator class?
>
> Hmmm ... would this prevent the hackish workaround for case-insensitive sort?

Err, which hackish workaround would that be? The right solution is
citext which creates it's own operator class. This doesn't have
anything to do with functional indexes either.

I've been using Google to find any interesting use of the USING clause
but havn't found any yet.

Have a nice day,

Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?
Сообщение: Re: Does anybody use ORDER BY x USING y?