Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users

От Poul Møller Hansen
Тема Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I think you're being horribly optimistic if you actually want 10000
> concurrent connections, with users all doing things. Even if you only
> allow 1MB for each connection that's 10GB of RAM you'd want. Plus a big
> chunk more to actually cache your database files and do work in. Then,
> if you had 10,000 concurrent queries you'd probably want a mainframe to
> handle all the concurrency, or perhaps a 64-CPU box would suffice...
>
> You probably want to investigate connection pooling, but if you say what
> you want to achieve then people will be able to suggest the best approach.

I know I'm on thin ice :)

Actually it was a max limit, I want to test how far I can tweak the server.
The clients are doing almost nothing most of the time, maybe one insert
every 2 minutes. Of course that is still more than 80 inserts per second.

I'm connecting the database via JDBC where connection pooling is
possible and also considered.

I haven't been able to find how much memory I can expect the client to
consume, so I thought testing was more accurate than calculating.
Is it really necessary with 1MB RAM for one connection ?

Poul

Сообщение: Re: Debug plpgSQL stored procedures
Сообщение: Re: Debug plpgSQL stored procedures