Re: Caching by Postgres

От Donald Courtney
Тема Re: Caching by Postgres
Дата
Re: Caching by Postgres
Список pgsql-performance
I mean well with this comment -
This whole issue of data caching is  a troubling issue with postreSQL
in that even if you ran postgreSQL on a 64 bit address space
with larger number of CPUs you won't see much of a scale up
and possibly even a drop.   I am not alone in having the *expectation*
that a database should have some cache size parameter and
the option to skip the file system.   If I use oracle, sybase, mysql
and maxdb they all have the ability to size a data cache and move
to 64 bits.

Is this a crazy idea - that a project be started to get this adopted?
Is it
too big and structural to contemplate?

 From one who likes postgreSQL
dc