Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

От josh@segrestfarms.com
Тема Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have successfully migrated my db from SQL Server to PostgreSQL.  (Aqua
Data Studio 4.0 did the trick)

Now, I need to move this PG db from its current installation on Windows
over to my RedHat box.

So, I performed a Backup on my Windows machine and saved the .backup
file to my Windows Desktop.

I used WinSCP to copy the .backup file from my Windows Desktop over to
my RedHat root/Desktop.

Then I swivel over to my RedHat machine and I open up PGAdminIII
(excited because I'm thinking I've about got this migration complete)
and unfortunately under the Tools menu, the Backup and Restore
selections are disabled (grayed out).

And so I'm a little stumped.  Surely there is a workaround, but I have
yet to discover it.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able provide.