Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

От josh@segrestfarms.com
Тема Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have successfully moved the schema over to PostgreSQL.

Now I am working on the data.

In reviewing my tables, I found that for some strange reason a handful
of fields are not double-quoted.  Strange quirk:

-- Table: "Orders"

-- DROP TABLE "Orders";

CREATE TABLE "Orders"
(
  "OrderID" int4 NOT NULL,
  "CustomerID" int4 NOT NULL,
  "DateCreated" timestamptz,
  "TotalPrice" numeric(19,4),
  "ShipAddressID" int4,
  "ShipDate" timestamptz,
  "ShippingMethod" varchar(50),
  "sfrepID" varchar(50),
  "StatusID" int4,
  "TrackingNumber" varchar(50),
  ponumber varchar(50),      <--------------HERE
  "Comment" char(254),
  "sfOrderNumber" varchar(50),
  "UpdateDate" timestamptz
)
WITH OIDS;
ALTER TABLE "Orders" OWNER TO postgres;

What to make of this strangeness?

Ben Kim wrote:

>Here's my 2 cents.
>
>If you have access to DTS in SQL Server 2000, it will be one convenient
>solution for simple transfer.
>
>It's a matter of creating a new task, defining the SQL Server database as
>source and PostgreSQL database as destination, and clicking through. There
>will be some mismatches in data types, but you can convert data using
>scripts inisde the DTS task on the fly.
>

>Regards,
>
>Ben Kim
>Developer
>College of Education
>Texas A&M University

Сообщение: Re: PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem
Сообщение: Re: PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem