Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:59:03 +0200, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:
> * David Mitchell <david.mitchell@telogis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hmm, you said you don't experience this when executing the query
> > manually. What adapter are you using to access postgres from your
> > application? libpq, npgsql or something else?
>
> huh, its a delphi application ... (I didnt code it).

Turn on statement logging.  I've seen delphi interfaces do extra queries
on system tables to find some structure information.

The available interfaces for delphi that I know of are vitavoom's
dbexpress (you should be able to find dbexppge.dll), zeos (you'll have
to grep the executable), ODBC using ADO or bde,  Or dot net.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :

Сообщение: Re: Why the planner is not using the INDEX .
Сообщение: Re: Why the planner is not using the INDEX .