Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think we still have a serious problem with multicolumn indexes. As they
> stand they're basically only indexes on the first column. The later columns
> are not used to determine page splits.

It's not a fully truth, second keys can be used in split, if first columns has
non-unique values and second, the later columns uses in gistchoose method (wrap
for user-defined penalty methods).

But I am agreed, that split in multicolumn GiST indexes isn't very optimal, the
solution was suggested by Aoki, but it's require to change interface to user
function.

Look:
"Generalizing ''Search'' in Generalized Search Trees", 1997, Paul M.
Aoki,http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/papers/csd-97-950.pdf

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/