Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I believe all the picksplit functions are based on (apparently via copy/paste)
> a single algorithm that depends on a single operator: a kind of "distance"
> function. Usually it's the same function underlying the penalty gist api

You are wrong, at least now in contrib it used three basic picksplit algoritm
1 simple sorting for ordered domain( btree_gist, ltree )
2 several variations of Guttmans algorithm (tsearch2, intarray, seg, cube)
3 linear picksplit for rtree_gist
(http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/papers/nsplitLN.ps.gz).

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/