Re: enebling regular user to create new users ?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: enebling regular user to create new users ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zlatko Matić wrote:
> Hi. I know that superusers are allowed to do everything on the
> database, but I consider this as dangerous. I want to  have some user
> group with rights of creating new users and giving them some
> authorizations, but without such wide power as superusers have. So, I
> was thinking about two possible scenarios: a) to allow regular users
> to create new users b) to restrict superuser's permissions
>
> What is possible and what do you suggest ?

Neither is possible directly. (B) means they're not a superuser and (A)
means they are. You could create a function marked "SECURITY DEFINER" as
a super-user and have that function create users on behalf of regular
users though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd