Re: enebling regular user to create new users ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: enebling regular user to create new users ?
Дата
Re: enebling regular user to create new users ?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> Zlatko Mati� wrote:
>> I was thinking about two possible scenarios: a) to allow regular users
>> to create new users b) to restrict superuser's permissions
>>
>> What is possible and what do you suggest ?

> Neither is possible directly. (B) means they're not a superuser and (A)
> means they are.

There has been some talk of separating the power to create new users
from the power of being superuser (although presumably only a superuser
should be allowed to create new superusers).  If the planned pg_role
rewrite gets submitted before the 8.1 feature freeze, I might look at
adding that frammish into it.