Re: User Quota Implementation

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: User Quota Implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh,

Don't get me wrong, I think we need tablespace maximums.  What I'm
looking at is a user/group-based quota which would allow a superuser to
grant say, 2G of space to a user or group.  Any object that user owned
would be included in the space allocation.

So, if the user owns three tablespaces, they can still only have a
maximum of 2G total.  This is where I think it would be wise to allow
the tablespace owner and/or superuser to set the maximum size of a
tablespace.

As I see it, these seem to be two distinct issues.  Is this correct?

--
Jonah H. Harris, UNIX Administrator  | phone: 505.224.4814
Albuquerque TVI                      | fax:   505.224.3014

A hacker on a roll may be able to produce, in a period of a few
months, something that a small development group (say, 7-8 people)
would have a hard time getting together over a year.  IBM used to
report that certain programmers might be as much as 100 times as
productive as other workers, or more.

-- Peter Seebach