Re: postmaster crash - another server process exited abnormally

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: postmaster crash - another server process exited abnormally
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Korotun wrote:
> Yes, this is oom
> Firstly it killed httpd and then postmaster. But who took all the memory? I
> see there Free swap: 0Kb in the messages log - was it a reason?

Sounds likely.

> I have 1GB of RAM. For shared memory I took about 262MB.
>
> /etc/sysctl.conf
> ===================
> #shared memory increase to 262 MB
> kernel.shmmax=268435456
> kernel.shmall=268435456
> ====================
>
> Postgresql.conf
> Max_connections = 100
> shared_buffers = 20000          # min 16, at least max_connections*2, 8KB

What's your sort-mem? That is the memory per-sort, and you can have
several sorts in one query.

Also - might be worth checking if you have reasonable memory constraints
for Apache / PHP (if you are running it).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd