postmaster crash - another server process exited abnormally

От Michael Korotun
Тема postmaster crash - another server process exited abnormally
Дата
Re: postmaster crash - another server process exited  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi Guys,

I am writing here again. Here is the scenario of my problem:

I have Postgres 8.0.1 on Linux FC3 and everything goes fine, except that a one time per week approximately I am getting server crash with a message in log:

LOG:  server process (PID 5252) was terminated by signal 9

LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

This message is appearing perhaps 40x times and server stopped. I am wondering how can I get details of where it comes from? What is the process is crashing and what causes it. Please, any help is greatly appreciated as always.

Best Regards,

Michael Korotun