Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
They are if you are doing any of your research at work :-)
I started using Delphi for shareware/hobby products and while the
initial investment was higher, I reap the benefits of a huge third party
and open source component environment.
Lets see, say you need a syntax highlighting editor component for free,
delphi has you covered with Synedit http://synedit.sourceforge.net/, say
you want a very nice bocking TCP/IP client/server framework, again your
covered (Synapse http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/), say you want a nice XP
like tool bar component, Toolbar 2000 is there (www.jrsoftware.org)
along with Inno Setup (created with Delphi) and of course we can't
forget about Zeos http://www.zeoslib.net

 I could go on and on....

You certainly don't need any staff behind you to use Delphi. I don't
have a staff....or a ton of spare cash....
I bought Delphi 2005 back in December and I just finished paying it off
a little each month, was it worth it? You better believe it...

Sounds like you invested in a Dell laptop or PC from prior posts, the
same can be said for a nice profesional RAD IDE.
You need to make an investment, you get what you pay for.

Find a copy of Delphi 5 pro on ebay or whatever for cheap, then use it
to get the upgrade.

We could go on and on about this, so this will be my last post on this
subject.  If you do decide to go with Delphi let me know and I could
provide some examples.