Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure

От Milen A. Radev
Тема Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:19:03AM +0200, Milen A. Radev wrote:
>

>>exec /usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -U postgres -h localhost \
>>- --all --analyze >>$PG_VACUUM_LOG 2>&1
>

> My first thought was that the lone hyphen at the beginning of the
> script's last line might be causing an end of option processing,

Well, that hyphen is inserted by Enigmail, so it's not part of the
actual script. Here it is again (hopefully not garbled):

BEGIN-------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# cron script to vacuum pgsql databases
#

PG_VACUUM_LOG=/var/log/pg_vacuum

echo Starting at `date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` >> $PG_VACUUM_LOG

END-------------------------------------------

> but your output does show many databases being vacuumed (do all
> databases appear in the real output?).  However, I tried running

Yes, they all appear in the log.

> that script with several versions of PostgreSQL and vacuumdb failed
> with a usage error in every case.  Are you sure the script you
> posted is the one that's running?  What version of PostgreSQL are
> you using?  As Tom mentioned, what's the output of the following

7.4.7 on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody)[Linux xxxx 2.6.10 #1 SMP Thu Feb
10 18:52:12 EET 2005 i686 unknown]

> query?
>
> SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;

Two queries - 2 seconds apart:

template1=# SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;
  datname  |     age
- -----------+-------------
 xxx1      |  1519763573
 xxx2      |  1519754033
 xxx3      |  1519592503
 template1 |  1517875932
 template0 | -1808458730
 xxx4      |  1517860620
 xxx5      |  1517786431
 xxx6      |  1517780441
 xxx7      |  1517762875
 xxx8      |  1517755876
 xxx9      |  1517749309
 xxx10     |  1516823602
(12 rows)

template1=# SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;
  datname  |     age
- -----------+-------------
 xxx1      |  1519769620
 xxx2      |  1519760080
 xxx3      |  1519598550
 template1 |  1517881979
 template0 | -1808452683
 xxx4      |  1517866667
 xxx5      |  1517792478
 xxx6      |  1517786488
 xxx7      |  1517768922
 xxx8      |  1517761923
 xxx9      |  1517755356
 xxx10     |  1516829649
(12 rows)

- --
Milen A. Radev

Сообщение: Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure
Сообщение: Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure