Re: /usr/sbin/useradd is needed by postgresql-server-8.0.1-PGDG

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: /usr/sbin/useradd is needed by postgresql-server-8.0.1-PGDG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rey Arqueza wrote:
> I have added  /usr/sbin to my path (bash) and /usr/sbin/useradd does exist
> (and the command works when I type the command from any directory).
>
> However I still get the same error when running rpm -i ..etc.

Silly question, but does /usr/sbin/useradd exist?  Was it installed by
an rpm?  (If not, then it's not likely in the rpm database)  The
original error appears to be an issue with rpm not seeing references to
it in the rpm database, and not a path issue.  If it couldn't find it,
I'd expect something like:

command not found

Note the message states that it fails a dependency, hence the reason I
suspect that it's an rpm issue and not a path issue.

First make sure it does in fact exist, then:

'rpm -qf /usr/sbin/useradd' should tell you which rpm it came with.  If
this does not return anything, then it is not in the rpm database and
was not installed via rpm (as far as rpm database is concerned).

If you believe it was installed via rpm, try rebuilding your rpm
database? (rpm --rebuilddb)

> I don't remember having issues like this with the PostgreSQL 7.x rpm's..
> Maybe because I used the PostgreSQL rpms that were built into the distro I
> used instead of latest bleeding edge releases of PostgreSQL.
>
> Anyway, here is what I did in the following order
> 1. rpm -i postgresql-libs-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm
> 2. rpm -i postgresql-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.RPM
> 3. rpm -i postgresql-server-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm

Try:

rpm -i postgresql-libs-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm \
    postgresql-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.RPM \
    postgresql-server-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm

Not that I expect that to resolve the issue, but grasping at some straws
here.

--
Until later, Geoffrey