Re: /usr/sbin/useradd is needed by postgresql-server-8.0.1-PGDG

От Rey Arqueza
Тема Re: /usr/sbin/useradd is needed by postgresql-server-8.0.1-PGDG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have added  /usr/sbin to my path (bash) and /usr/sbin/useradd does exist
(and the command works when I type the command from any directory).

However I still get the same error when running rpm -i ..etc.

I don't remember having issues like this with the PostgreSQL 7.x rpm's..
Maybe because I used the PostgreSQL rpms that were built into the distro I
used instead of latest bleeding edge releases of PostgreSQL.

Anyway, here is what I did in the following order
1. rpm -i postgresql-libs-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm
2. rpm -i postgresql-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.RPM
3. rpm -i postgresql-server-8.0.1-1PGDG.i686.rpm

Just curious why there isn't a single install rpm that does all of the above
(libs, client, server) ?