Re: Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat

От Soeren Laursen
Тема Re: Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Had the same problem. If they test an application and restart the
application - not tomcat - it will keep the old connections open. A
restart of tomcat should release all the connections from the
developer.

For example, if the code on the one of  servlets/jsp do not reuse a
connection the servlet/jsp will open a new connection.

Regards,

Søren
> Hi all
>
> Our developers are making some kind of DoS on my postgres installation.
> They use Tomcat to develop in java and they have an instance on every
> computer (only 3).
>
> It seems that tomcat makes permanent connections to the configured
> database, but they have this number limited to 5, and max_connections in
> postgresql.conf is 40, and no more connections are made to the database
> because is a development environment.
>
> The number of connections starts increasing and when arrives to 40 ( ps
> -ef | grep postm | wc -l ) the server doesn't accept more connections
> but it seems that neither finish these that are open, and no one can
> acces to the database (here is the DoS I say).
>
> Here is what the log says
>
> 2005-02-07 10:13:26 LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=55834
> 2005-02-07 10:13:26 LOG:  connection authorized: user=test database=test
> 2005-02-07 10:13:26 FATAL:  connection limit exceeded for non-superusers
>
> I try to stop the postmaster with pg_ctl but it says that postmaster
> doesn't stops and I have to make kill -9 for the processes to stop :(
>
> What could I make to solve this?
>
> I've tried with:
>
> statement_timeout = 100000
>
> but nothing happens ... :(
>
> --
> Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
> OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
> c/ Assalt, 12
> 43003 - Tarragona
> Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
> e-mail: drubio a oasi.org

Сообщение: Re: Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat
Сообщение: Re: Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat