Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat

От Daniel Rubio
Тема Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat
Дата
Re: Problem with permanent connections from Tomcat  ("Soeren Laursen" <sl@scrooge.dk>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all

Our developers are making some kind of DoS on my postgres installation.
They use Tomcat to develop in java and they have an instance on every
computer (only 3).

It seems that tomcat makes permanent connections to the configured
database, but they have this number limited to 5, and max_connections in
postgresql.conf is 40, and no more connections are made to the database
because is a development environment.

The number of connections starts increasing and when arrives to 40 ( ps
-ef | grep postm | wc -l ) the server doesn't accept more connections
but it seems that neither finish these that are open, and no one can
acces to the database (here is the DoS I say).

Here is what the log says

2005-02-07 10:13:26 LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=55834
2005-02-07 10:13:26 LOG:  connection authorized: user=test database=test
2005-02-07 10:13:26 FATAL:  connection limit exceeded for non-superusers

I try to stop the postmaster with pg_ctl but it says that postmaster
doesn't stops and I have to make kill -9 for the processes to stop :(

What could I make to solve this?

I've tried with:

statement_timeout = 100000

but nothing happens ... :(

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio a oasi.org