Re: Online Backup and WAL archives

От Pallav Kalva
Тема Re: Online Backup and WAL archives
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

     If I want to restore to a particular point in time lets say to the
point in time like a day back when one of my table was dropped
accidentally and if i want restore the archive log only to that
particular archive log file . what is the procedure we should follow ?
just keep the archive logs in the directory until the last archive log
file i need or is there a command something like  " restore only until
at this archive log file " ?   Also what happens to the transaction log
files in pg_xlog directory in this scenario ? do i have to still keep
them or they get created by themself since i am going a day back ?

   Is this possible in postgres 8

Thanks,
Pallav