Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Goulet, Dick wrote:

>Whatever, I'll keep root only for absolutely restricted use & install
>under a separate user account.  Works just fine & it makes the auditors
>& sysadmin feel better.

I don't argue the point of using root. I agree with you there.
Just the point that if it is owned by root it executes as root.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Dick Goulet
>Senior Oracle DBA
>Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Вложения

От: postgres@jal.org
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
От: Doug Quale
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!