Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tomeh, Husam wrote:
>
>>I've seen book that prefer installing PostgreSQL as root and another
>>one recommends otherwise by first creating a postgres account and
>>then installing it as postgres. In the Oracle world, you don't use
>>root to install the software. What is the best practice as far as
>>PostgreSQL goes?
>

> The current recommendation, which is reflected in the installation
> instructions, is to install the software as root and to use the
> postgres user for the database files.  The advice seen elsewhere in
> this thread to use the postgres user also for the software files is
> wrong.

If the user owns the catalog, there is no reason for that user to not
also own the files.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!