Re: How to calculate row sizes

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: How to calculate row sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Chris Hoover wrote:
>

>>Would someone please be so kind as to point me to a listing of field
>>type sizes, and also how to calculate the space usage of the
>>associated indexes.
>>

>FAQ 4.6

This faq is not very helpful.  I really need to know the values for each
type of column, and then how much to add for the overhead.  It only
gives a single example, and does not address the index size.  Nor does
it give the storage size for the various column types.

Anything better out there, or has anyone have a script/spreadsheet that
will calculate this?

Thanks

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: How to calculate row sizes
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: How to calculate row sizes