Re: How to calculate row sizes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: How to calculate row sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Dienstag, 4. Januar 2005 03:10 schrieb Chris Hoover:
> This faq is not very helpful.  I really need to know the values for each
> type of column, and then how much to add for the overhead.  It only
> gives a single example, and does not address the index size.  Nor does
> it give the storage size for the various column types.

The storage requirements for each column type are quite evidently displayed in
the documentation about the data types.  The overhead is shown in the FAQ.
If you want more precise values, create a table, fill it with values, run
VACUUM FULL, and look at the file system size.  That's the only way you can
be sure.

--
Peter Eisentraut