Re: cvs tip broken build for plpython

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: cvs tip broken build for plpython
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>A couple of hours ago things started breaking thus, I assume related to
>>the Makefile changes made around then:
>>

>>ccache gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic -shared
-Wl,-soname,libplpython.so.0plpython.o -L../../../src/port  -lpython2.2 -ldl  -lpthread -lutil -lm  -o
libplpython.so.0.0
>>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.2
>>

>What fun.  What Python version have you got *exactly*, and what does it
>use for the python shared library name?  What link command does 7.4 use
>for plpython on your machine?

This is stock FC1. "yum list python" says:

Looking in Installed Packages:
Name                                Arch   Version
Repo
python                              i386   2.2.3-7
db

You are lucky that the buildfarm setup lets me answer the other question
so easily ;-)

The last REL7_4_STABLE build the machine did had this:

ccache gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -fpic -shared -Wl,-soname,libplpython.so.0
plpython.o -L../../../src/port  -L/usr/lib/python2.2/config -ldl
-lpthread -lutil -lm -lpython2.2   -o libplpython.so.0.0

So it looks like this is what's missing: -L/usr/lib/python2.2/config ...
I see that indeed there is libpython2.2.a in that location.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Speeding up DELETEs on table with FKs ...
Сообщение: Re: Speeding up DELETEs on table with FKs ...