Re: Speeding up DELETEs on table with FKs ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Speeding up DELETEs on table with FKs ...
Дата
Re: Speeding up DELETEs on table with FKs ...  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> I posted to -sql the other day about an atrociously slow DELETE on a table
> that has two FKs to a 'parent' table ... if the # of records in the table
> that match the condition is 1, its fast ... in the sample I'm working
> with, there are 1639 records in the table ...

"parent" table?  A DELETE doesn't check FKs in the table it's deleting.
What it checks are FKs in other tables that reference items in the
deletion table.  You sure you are worrying about the right set of FKs?

Сообщение: Re: cvs tip broken build for plpython
Сообщение: Re: cvs tip broken build for plpython