PostgreSQL support

От Walker, Jed S
Тема PostgreSQL support
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL support  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL support  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL support  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am an experienced Oracle DBA and I am now working on building a PostgreSQL
database for a project. Part of the lure for this was the no-cost licensing
as we'll possibly be putting instances of this new system into many local
sites. At this time we are planning to build little logic into the database.
I will initially do hot backups on it, and will likely want to create a
standby cluster (using WAL logs) for high availability.

I'd like to know your opinions on support for PostgreSQL.
1. Do you think I should purchase commercial support (at least for the
initial development and release)?
2. Do you have recommendations on what companies are good and a good value?
3. Opinions on pay-per-incident vs. support agreements (am I likely to have
many issues I'll need support on - see my intro)?
4. Any other tips you can give me on having support for this project?

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

        Jed S. Walker