Re: tsearch2 poor performance

От Kris Kiger
Тема Re: tsearch2 poor performance
Дата
Re: tsearch2 poor performance
Список pgsql-admin
Oleg,

    Thanks for the help on this.

    The query I used to return the 508 number is:
         SELECT * FROM stat('SELECT vector FROM product') ORDER BY ndoc
desc, word ;

    Testing says, the more words I use, the faster the query is.  My
original search word, 'oil', appears in 226,357 documents 233,266 times.
 As far as distinct words go, 'oil' is middle of the road for
occurences.  As it is set up now, the best search time I am getting on
this single word is roughly 22 seconds.

Kris

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

>Kris,
>
>do you actually have only 508 disctinct words ? Could you try
>more complex queries, say 2-3 words. Does these queries run faster ?
>

>    Oleg
>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Kris Kiger wrote:
>

>>Regardless of caching, the queries are still taking 19~20 seconds to run
>>on the 3,000,000 rows.  I've played with performance tuning and nothing
>>seems to make much of a difference.  If I am reading that list from stat
>>correctly, then I am operating on  508 distinct words.  Is this the
>>performance I should expect from tsearch2?  Or is something still awry?
>> I'm inclined to think  something else is wrong, after reading some
>>other people's tsearch performance stats.  Thanks!
>>
>>Kris
>>

>    Regards,
>        Oleg

Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 poor performance
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 poor performance