Re: User-facing aspects of serializable transactions

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: User-facing aspects of serializable transactions
Дата
Re: User-facing aspects of serializable transactions  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> Whoa!  I just noticed this phrase on a re-read.  I think there might
> be some misunderstanding here.
>
> You can be sure you've written your transaction safely just as soon as
> your COMMIT returns without error.

I think we have different definitions of "safely". You only know that
you got away with it *this time* when the commit returns without
error.

I'm concerned with whether you can be sure that the 999th time you run
it the database won't randomly decide to declare a serialization
failure for reasons you couldn't predict were possible.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris
Сообщение: Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris