Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> My idea is to rename list_head to pg_list_head (and other functions analogously) to avoid name conflict.

There is zero chance of that happening.  We have thousands of references
to those functions in the core code, and who knows how many more in
third-party code we don't control.

What is <sys/list.h>, and why is it being imported by the Perl headers?
Can we do something like "#define list_head solaris_list_head" around
the problematic #include?  (Which one is that, anyway?)