Re: install Postgres on RHED 7

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема Re: install Postgres on RHED 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Run these commands:

Install:
preparing ###############[100%}
successul

but when I do "yum list posgres*  I ge an error that loaded plugins:langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
This system is not register with an entitlement server
[Erno 14] curl#6- "Could not resolve host: downlaod.posgresql.org; Unknown error"

Trying other mirror.
One of the configured repositories failed (PostgreSQL 11 7Server -x86_64), and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the on safe thing yum can do is failed.   There are a few ways to work "fix" this:
1. contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.
2. Reconfigure the baseirl/etc.for the repository, to point to a working upstream. This is mot often useful if you are using a new distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous distribution release still work).
3. run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
yum --disablerepo=pgdb11..
4.Disable the repositiroy permanently so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:
 5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it's unavailable.

etc...

I use the source one
# gunzip postgresql-11.1.tar.gz
# tar -xvf postgresql-11-1.tar
# cd postgresql11.1
#./configure   ----> it's checking build system, host system and etc... all the packages
#mkdir build_dir
#cd build_dir
# make
now I get an error  Make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.   Stop.

which target I should put?

thank you.

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success