Large file support needed? Trying to identify root of error.

От Kris Kiger
Тема Large file support needed? Trying to identify root of error.
Дата
Re: Large file support needed? Trying to identify root of
Список pgsql-admin
I've got a database that is a single table with 5 integers, a timestamp
with time zone, and a boolean.  The table is 170 million rows in length.
 The contents of the tar'd dump file it produced using:
    pg_dump -U postgres -Ft test > test_backup.tar
is: 8.dat (approximately 8GB), a toc, and restore.sql.

No errors are reported on dump, however, when a restore is attempted I get:

ERROR:  unexpected message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin
CONTEXT:  COPY test_table, line 86077128: ""
ERROR:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
CONTEXT:  COPY test_table, line 86077128: ""

I am doing the dump & restore on the same machine.

Any ideas?  If the file is too large, is there anyway postgres could
break it up into smaller chunks for the tar when backing up?  Thanks for
the help!

Kris