Re: Logging PostgreSQL output

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Logging PostgreSQL output
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to log all PostgreSQL's output in a seperate file. Is it possible to use the syslog system to do that or is
theonly way to use the stdout method? If it is possible to use the syslog system, how should I do this (I have tried
severalthings but nothing I tried worked)?

put these lines on your postgresql.conf

syslog = 2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

after this you have to configure your syslogd:

add these lines on yout syslog.conf:

# Postgres
LOCAL0.*                                      -/var/log/postgresql.log

not forget to add LOCAL0.none in your  /var/log.messages log ad
ad that "-" char in front of your file location log

now you have to SIGHUP both postgres and syslogd.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

От: Howard Bagcat
Сообщение: execute user-defined BKI
От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: Replication in main PostgreSQL codebase