Обсуждение: Logging PostgreSQL output

Logging PostgreSQL output

От
"Joost Kraaijeveld"
Дата:
Hi all,

I want to log all PostgreSQL's output in a seperate file. Is it possible to use the syslog system to do that or is the
onlyway to use the stdout method? If it is possible to use the syslog system, how should I do this (I have tried
severalthings but nothing I tried worked)?

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: Logging PostgreSQL output

Дата:
"Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> I want to log all PostgreSQL's output in a seperate file. Is it
> possible to use the syslog system to do that or is the only way to use
> the stdout method? If it is possible to use the syslog system, how
> should I do this (I have tried several things but nothing I tried
> worked)?

You should be able to configure your syslog daemon to do that; read
its man page.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Logging PostgreSQL output

От
"Joost Kraaijeveld"
Дата:
Hi Gaetano

Gaetano Mendola schreef:
> ad that "-" char in front of your file location log
This remark was what did it (all the other things allready were in place). Thanks. It is in the man pages but just as
anommission of file sync flag.

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: Logging PostgreSQL output

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to log all PostgreSQL's output in a seperate file. Is it possible to use the syslog system to do that or is
theonly way to use the stdout method? If it is possible to use the syslog system, how should I do this (I have tried
severalthings but nothing I tried worked)?

put these lines on your postgresql.conf

syslog = 2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

after this you have to configure your syslogd:

add these lines on yout syslog.conf:

# Postgres
LOCAL0.*                                      -/var/log/postgresql.log

not forget to add LOCAL0.none in your  /var/log.messages log ad
ad that "-" char in front of your file location log

now you have to SIGHUP both postgres and syslogd.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola