Re: compile errors in new PL/Pler

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: compile errors in new PL/Pler
Дата
Re: compile errors in new PL/Pler
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>>>
>>> I am going to bet dollars to donuts that it is your perl version.
>>> Perl 5.00503 is ancient. Try upgrading to at least 5.6.
>>
>> Not much I can do about that - it's builtin as part of FreeBSD 4.x
>> series.
>
> And I bet its still the 'standard' for alot of ppl out there running it
> ... its only within the past couple of months that we've even upgraded
> mail.postgresql.org to it, and only because I wanted to see if it would
> improve majordomo's performance (which it didn't) ...

So we have three choices as I see it:
1) revert the change
2) require some minimally recent version of perl
3) fix the issue in place

Preferences?

Joshua/Andrew -- do you want to take a shot at making this work on perl
5.00503?

Joe

От: joseph speigle
Сообщение: Re: demande d'aide
От: "Andrew Dunstan"
Сообщение: Re: compile errors in new PL/Pler