Re: pg_xlog folder lost !

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: pg_xlog folder lost !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I could start the postmaster after doing
pg_resetxlog .

The docs tell that a dump reload of the database should be done.
I am trying to do that by starting a new postmaster in a seprate port
and using pg_dumpall

while i do that i get some minor errors like

ALTER USER arvind SET search_path TO 'erp';
ERROR:  schema "erp" does not exist

and some ownership related errors like

SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'rt_user';
SET

CREATE INDEX attachments1 ON attachments USING btree (parent);
ERROR:  must be owner of relation attachments

Following are the grant sequence on table attachments
obtained by grepping the output

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE attachments FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE attachments FROM rt_user;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE attachments TO postgres WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE attachments TO rt_user;

is it some bug with pg_dumpall/pg_dump ?

i am using 7.4.1 btw , shall now try with 7.4.3

Regds
Mallah.