Re: OWNER TO on all objects

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: OWNER TO on all objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd prefer it if OWNER TO were only added if it is actually necessary
> (or there be some option to turn it off).  I don't want to edit the
> entire dump file if I want to restore the database into another SQL
> database.

There is the existing --no-owner option, which this patch respects, same
as old pg_dump.

It's not possible to dump it if necessary, as it's not possible at
restore time to know the user they are restoring as I guess.

The old pg_dump would output a session auth, and then wouldn't bother
changing it until necessary.  However, with ALTER OWNER, I have to dump
it for every object, even if it's the same user.

I guess I could optimise so that if the owner matches the superuser
specified with the -S option, I wouldn't bother dumping the ALTER?

Chris